I am positive that everyone who has anything to do with the decision as to whether or not anyone should get benefits, have been advised to reject most of the claims with the idea that if people are really in need, they will make the effort to challenge that decision and appeal. However this is not the case. In all likelyhood, they would not appeal as they don't know how to go about it, they don't know what it all entails and they just don't feel well enough to manage it.
If you take away the fact that this is about claiming benefits and look at it in a different way, this is the probable scenario......If someone accused somebody else of lying, then they would probably be angry and hurt and upset but if the alleged liar were someone who was ill, they [the accused] might not do anything about it and sit and dwell on the fact and feel even more dreadful.
I feel very ill atm....and I am waiting to hear about my appeal [DLA]...I sent in the form [well Stew took it to post office...to get it sent by recorded delivery] and now must wait to see if they will let me appeal and if so when.....the waiting game!!
The decision that the DLA sent me basically called me a liar because it told me how far I could walk and what I could do..........the only other person they have consulted was my GP, who, as far as I know, gave them the same info as I had....I am going to see him next week....I should have gone this week but have not had the opportunity.
I have also been turned down for a blue badge, so that we can get better parking but they said my condition was not permanent, and only intermittent.....I wonder where they draw the line...?????? I am appealing that as well.
My dear friend has had a letter this morning telling her that her benefits are going to be stopped as she is fit for work. Two Gp's think differently. She assumes that they think she should just go out and get a job or claim jobseeker's allowance but if she said she were fit for work, on the jobseeker's form, she would be lying. Not only has she lost her ESA benefit but because of that she will lose housing and council tax benefit too. It took them months to change her over from Job S's allowance to ESA So the likleyhood of her getting the situation sorted out quickly and easily is not very good.....brilliant timing with Christmas just around the corner!!! Many people who are in the fortunate position not to have to rely on any benefits, don't seem to realise what it's like....for a start, it's all computerised and you can easily get lost in the system..you can never speak to the same person twice ......very different when I worked for the DHSS in 1973 and we were responsible for a certain number of clients and the names were familiar to us.
I hope that the next time I write, I will have something positive to say.

No comments:
Post a Comment