I went to Peak Camp in need of a week of rest, relaxation and respite from the daily grind. I feel worse now than when I went :(( My ME/CFS/Fibromyalgia is a constant source of frustration to me and so a week of having nothing urgent to do and no timetable to follow seemed a good idea. I never knew what time it was and was for the most part unconcerned. I took mostly the right things and the right amount and we only needed to go shopping for the essentials and treats. So, why then did I feel the stress creeping up on me? We arrived to a very busy camp of "ordinary" people and so had to slip ourselves into a slot....only to find that many of them were on the point of leaving, so had we come a little bit later, we might have chosen a different spot. I left our dog at home with DH but we had my friend's two with us who started out the week not feeling very well and therefore they were stressed and this stressed my friend and me. I am not a stickler for rules per se but I did find it terribly disconcerting that so many owners felt no need to follow the camp rules of keeping dogs on leads :(( Many people, including dog owners seems blissfully unaware of dog behaviour, language and etiquette :((( It's very threatening for another dog to enter their territory offlead and in a camp so choc-a-bloc with people and pets [we have friends with cats and a hamster], it's far more stressful to dogs than most people realise. We had to fortify our "encampment" [2 campervans, my camper and several tents] and have only one way in and out but we still had stray dogs and small children wandering in. Now, don't be thinking I had an awful time cos we had some real fun and laughter and it was lovely but the underlying stress is always there. My folding camper didn't hold up to being used or to the weather and by Sunday morning, I was feeling so ill, I just wanted to lie down. The camper was damp in parts and so was quite a bit of our stuff but we tried to get sorted out so that we could join in the festivities [Jenny's birthday party] but fate transpired and we then had to pack up ready to go home on Sunday evening. Stew made two journeys backwards and forwards to take people and stuff home and then the folding camper decided it wasn't going to fold :(( It wouldn't unfold at home and he had to jack it up :(( We have borrowed money off my son and have bought a caravan off ebay so that I wouldn't become too stressed as we are going to Hesfes in a few weeks!!! We left Peak Camp without saying goodbye to everyone and that felt horrible, missed the rest of Jenny's party which was horrible too :((( So I sat up stressing ans snivelling feeling like I have botulism or the plague, all night.....had a couple of hours sleep this morning and have been trying to get my head round budgets and paperwork and it's so hard....I want to go to bed now and I am sure I would sleep but I have a list of stuff to do....Tom has been great as usual but he is tired and stressed too :((( My stupid immune system is fighting something off and I am red hot or freezing cold and my skin is itchy but with no rash yet I have lots of spots of the puberty variety :((( Ridiculous at my age!!!
I am grumbling, complaining and moaning and hate to be like this ...............................thinks I need to resume the anti-depressants...........................
Anyway, it's my blog and I'll cry if i want to ....................
Must say that there is something constantly bringing a smile to my face though......Sophia Martin's beautiful rendition of her own composition about the Rainbow :))) Lovely to meet her and her Mum Anna and hope she forgives me for my relentless over exaggerated Liverpool accent!

No comments:
Post a Comment