WELCOME

WELCOME TO MY BLOG!!!!!

I hope you may find it of some use
or amusement :))))

Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Saturday, 5 December 2009

Greetings earthlings!

Let's see how I do with this eh?

I went out this morning....the primary reason was to post my daughter's birthday card. First of all, I forgot the card.....yes...hmmmm. I had decided to take the dogs for a walk as I *knew* that the post box was near the dog field.......so I had the dogs leads entangled, not only with each other's lead but also with various legs including my own, before I had got over the threshhold...good start.....then I realised I had not actually got a key, so decided to leave the door almost closed as it had been all night [the postman opened it whilst pushing things through the letterbox and kindly shut it for me :))).....well actually he left it slightly open too...as it doesn't close properly unless you give it a very hard push or pull [depending on which side of the door you are!]....it needs attention [don't we all?].......I digress....as usual...the tangent being my usual form of [mental] transport. So........I extracate myself from the tangled web and tie the dogs up outside [attempting to take them back in is not an option.] and pick up the card, then realise I have not actually put the stamp on yet. I couldn't find my stamps on Thursday when I actually wrote the card, so my brother went to the shop and bought some for me and offered to post the card then but I said that he didn't need to worry as there was plenty of time to post it.....ha ha ha ha!!!!! So the stamps were leaning up against the envelope.....or should have been...no they were not!!! Anyhoo I found them, stuck one on the envelope, went outside, untethered dogs and set off. With Charlie being blind and Ricky having only one eye, they do not always walk sensibly and seem to prefer the method of continually walking in front of the other dog, thus ending up with a plaited effect single lead. Whilst doing this, they tend to trip each other up and me too. Also, they tend to have alternate poos, which mean that I am trying to stop them from walking in their own poo or the other dog's, whilst trying to pick it up and make sure that Charlie is not walking into sharp objects which he is prone to do! AND because I was carrying a card which I didn't want to lose control of either, I was a little stressed. Hey ho.....I carried on along my merry journey in this fashion until we got near to the dog field.....but where was the post box??? I had lost a post box.....it had vanished!!! So I carried on down the road thinking that I had forgotten it's positon and that I would eventually find it.....no!! The dogs got a nice long walk and I got even more stressed....but the sun was shining so I agreed with myself that I would take the dogs home and not worry about looking for the post box as I could just walk into town where I definitely knew there was one! So I took the dogs to the dog field and then I found the elusive post box........just where I thought it was.....and now I will always remember that it is one of those that is set into a brick wall and that this brick wall is, in fact, a sort of short, stout monolyth [sp?] with the post box bit only really visible when you are coming out of the dog field!!!!!

BTW when I got home I was greeted by a bewildered Stewart [DH] who wondered why I and the dogs had disappeared, left the door half open and apparently not taken any dog leads [I don't use the ones he does as they hurt my hands!].

Since then he has been called into work to sort out a lack of drivers [he works for meals on wheels and is on call at the weekends as he is assistant manager which has all of the responsibilty of the manager but none of the benefits!] and now has just been called out to go and rescue a driver who has broken down. You must appreciate that this is a van full of hot dinners with people waiting to eat them and so he will have to either fix the van in situ or arrange for drivers on other routes, to come and pick up these meals and deliver them......or deliver them himself [which he can only do if they are nearby as he won't have an oven in which to keep them hot...they have to be kept at a certain temperature obvioulsy]. No wonder he gets stressed as this is far from unusual and means that our weekends are always difficult to plan!!!!! HMPH!!!!

Oh yes and when I got home, I made myself a nice cuppa, sat down and immediately Ricky jumped onto my knee...covering me with mud from the walk and coffee from my cup....bless :)

No comments:

Post a Comment